Project: U Review (ft. Via Merengue)
June 18, 2020 by Jayoung Kim
Location: The restaurant is right in front of the Sinchon campus of the university. It’s just a three-minute walk from the main gate!
(Specific address: South Korea, Seoul, Seodaemun-gu, SInchon-dong, Myeongmul-gil, 27-18)
- There is a large variety of food. There are various kinds of tacos, guacamole and burritos to choose from.
- When ordering guacamole, you can personally grind the guacamole in a bowl and eat it with nachos. Personally, the guacamole was really fresh and went well with the nachos that were given as service.
- The interior and the atmosphere are really nice. When entering the restaurant, one can immediately feel the Mexican atmosphere.
- The price is not too expensive compared to the amount; the most expensive menu are the enchilada and taquitos, which cost nine thousand won. As for the amount, it was hard for me to finish three dishes with a friend.
- The store is a bit small to accept a large number of people, so you might have to wait to get in.
- Some menus might be sold out by evening, like the guacamole.
- All menus are adapted to Korean taste, so they do not taste exactly like traditional Mexican food. Most of the tortillas are flour tortillas instead of corn ones. Also, some burritos don’t include sour cream and salsa, which makes the food not taste ‘wholly’ Mexican.
- The owner is a bit unfriendly and ignorant at times…
If you are searching for an amical, pretty, unique restaurant and want some good Mexican food at a fairly reasonable price, this is the place you’re searching for!